Registration participant type options:
- Virtual cyclist - Free
- Celebration - in person - Free
- In-person cyclist (own accommodation or camping)
- In-person cyclist accommodation at Queen Margaret’s School for one night (Sat)
- In-person dorms at Queen Margaret’s School for two nights (Fri & Sat)
MS Bike Cowichan Entry:
- Virtual cyclist - free
- In-person - Free
- In-Person Cyclist - Saturday, July 15 - 1 Bed Dorm - $105dollars.
- In-Person Cyclist - Saturday, July 15 - 2 Bed Dorm per person - $65 dollars.
- In-Person Cyclist - Saturday, July 15 - 3 Bed Dorm per person - $ 55 dollars.
- In-Person Cyclist - Friday, July 14 and Saturday, July 15 - 1 Bed Dorm- $180
- In-Person Cyclist - Friday, July 14 and Saturday, July 15 - 2 Bed Dorm Per Person - $110
If you have selected a 2-bed or 3-bed dorm accommodation, please list your requested roommate.
- We have some ride challenges available in our Ride with GPS Club. You can check it out here: http://bit.ly/3yHblvS
- We plan to host a Gear-up Ride in the weeks leading up to the MS Bike Cowichan. Details TBA
What kind of bike do I need? Is there anywhere I can rent one locally?
- Road bike is best, but you can participate with any bike! Plug in your local bike store.
Do you have a recommended Bike Store?
- MS Bike Cowichan Bike Sponsor: Experience Cycling
- Vancouver Island Bike Stores
- Bike Shops in British Columbia | Pinkbike
Is there a minimum fundraising amount for the MS Bike Celebration?
- Transitioning from the two-day event to a one-day fully sponsored and donated celebration enables us to offer a no minimum fundraising requirement to attend the event. Please reach out to Sheron email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org and we will help you with fundraising ideas, resources, and support.
Is there a minimum age?
- The minimum age to participate in MS Bike is 12 years old. Participants between 12 and 16 must be accompanied by an adult. Chariots and baby carriers are not permitted on the route.
Are pets allowed?
- Pets are NOT permitted on the route or at Queen Margaret’s School. Failure on any part to follow these guidelines will have this permission revoked for all.
What happens if I hit a fundraising reward?
- 7:00 am to 8:50 am at Queen Margaret’s School
What should I bring if I am staying at the dorms at Queen Margaret’s School?
- The dorms have bed linens
- Pack towels and toiletries
Is there a place to camp – Tent or RV?
- There is no tenting or RVs allowed at Queen Margaret’s School
- Local tenting and RV: Cowichan tenting
- Additional accommodations: Stay — Tourism Cowichan
Event Meal Plan at Queen Margaret's School
- Saturday, 7 am to 9 am Lions Club Breakfast
- Saturday, 11:30 am to 2:30 pm Lions Club BBQ
- Dan-D Pak snacks, additional snacks and hydration
- Beverage Garden if you are planning on having any alcoholic drinks! We have beer gardens/bar where drinks will cost $5 dollars a beer or cider and $7 dollars for wine and non-alcoholic drinks are free of charge.
I have food allergies, should I bring my own food?
- We do our best to accommodate all our cyclists, however, all allergy restrictions and food specifications cannot always be met. We do our best to share the event meal plan of the ride. If you do have a severe allergy, please bring your own food for the weekend to ensure your safety.
Are there ATMs on-site?
- There is no ATM at Queen Margaret’s School.
- The nearest ATM is located at the 7-Eleven, 1008 Government Street. This 7-Eleven is 300 meters away from Queen Margaret’s School.
- ATMs in Duncan, BC: Duncan BC ATMs
Can my family/friend join in after the ride?
I received more donations after the event, what should I do with them?
- Fundraising is open until September 30th! If you hit a milestone after the event, you can still receive that item.
I had so much fun, when can I register for next year!?
- MS Bike has year-round registration and fundraising! Registration for next year is already open, with fundraising starting October 1st.
When will the pictures be posted?
- It can take some time for photos to be sent from our photographers. Typically, they are posted on our Flickr account and Facebook Bike group 4-6 weeks after the event. You will receive an email with the link, once the photos are up! A link will be posted here when the photos are up.
Is there a Lost and Found?
- Yes, A lost and found will be located at Rider Village at the Participant Check-in/ Information. Please connect with Sheron for any lost and found items.
I just hit a new fundraising milestone; can I still get my reward?
- Of course! Please connect with Sheron to arrange a pickup/delivery time!